Green Mountain Grills & Smokers
Heart Line Stove Shop is proud to offer a full line of Green Mountain Grills & Smokers. We discovered something we loved–REALLY loved. It was grilling with wood pellets, which were so much better than either charcoal or gas! Green Mountain Pellet Grills are now the top of the line, the best of the best, but are not the highest in price!
How a Pellet Grill Works
- The digital controller controls the internal temperature by managing pellet flow.
- A motor turns the auger, which feeds pellets, into the firebox.
- A hot rod in the firebox ignites the pellets and a combustion fan keeps them burning.
- A fan inside the pellet hopper maintains positive pressure, preventing burn-back in the hopper.
- When they meet, these two air-flows create the ultimate wood-burning fire, circulating pure hardwood smoke throughout the grill.
A motor turns the auger, which feeds pellets into the firebox. There, a hot rod automatically ignites the pellets and a combustion fan below keeps them burning. Vents vertically line the inside of the firebox creating a circular air flow. A fan inside the pellet hopper maintains positive pressure to prevent burn-back in the auger tube. When they meet, these two air flows create the ultimate wood-burning fire and circulate pure hardwood smoke flavor.
The *heat shield that covers the firebox distributes the heat to both sides of the grill, causing it to flow up into the convection-style grill chamber. A sensor mounted inside the grill sends data to the on-board computer 10 times every second, and the controller adjusts the air and pellet flow to maintain the temperature you set.
*Heat shield styles and positioning vary between the different grill models. View our support page for more information on heat shield setup and configuration.